Symbiotics, incorporated in 2004 in Geneva, is an investment company specialized in emerging, sustainable and inclusive finance which offers market research, investment advisory and asset management services. It is an asset manager of collective investment schemes regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and has an advisory license from the FCA, the Financial Conduct Authority, through its subsidiary in the UK. The company is headquartered in Geneva, with offices in Cape Town, London, Zurich, Mexico City Singapore with a staff of over eighty professionals. Since 2004, Symbiotics has invested over USD 4,234 billion in more than 388 microfinance institutions in 68 emerging countries, working with 44 investment funds and many institutional investors.
Investment Analyst – South & East Asia – Singapore3.07.2017 - Financial Institutions
Business Unit: Financial Institutions
Title: Investment Analyst, South & East Asia
Job reference: SIA-SG
We are looking for:
An investment analyst who will be responsible for developing and maintaining business relationships with portfolio companies in South & East Asia, developing a pipeline of potential investments, traveling to and performing on-site due diligence on these companies, analyzing credit risk, understanding their debt funding needs, and monitoring their financial and operational performances during the investment’s life. The position is based in Singapore. We offer a dynamic work environment in a growing industry and an opportunity to work in the social investment space with a for-profit company.
- Conduct on-site due diligence of financial institutions in South & East Asia
- Write credit risk appraisals, investment advisory reports and social performance evaluations
- Monitor global situation, opportunities and risks in financial markets of the above-mentioned region
- Develop a pipeline of credit worthy investment targets in specific markets
- Maintain and monitor portfolio of companies, including financial reporting
- Support the development of new business opportunities in the region
This position requires regular travel to countries within the region. We are looking for a person who is organized, mature, and able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment, as well as having entrepreneurial drive, attention to detail and pride in the quality of one’s work, including the following qualifications:
- Dedicated to social and sustainable development
- Previous experience (2-3 years) in credit analysis, financial analysis or investment management
- Knowledge of the finance industry and impact investment a strong asset
- Previous experience in South & East Asia a very strong asset
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks on a daily basis
- Fluent English, good command of regional language would be an asset
- Willingness and readiness to travel (up to 30%)
- Valid work permit for Singapore
Please click here to send us your resume and cover letter.
Due to the large number of resumes we are receiving for the current job openings, if you do not meet all the criteria listed above, we unfortunately will not be able to respond to your application. Thank you in advance for your understanding.