Symbiotics, incorporated in 2004 in Geneva, is an investment company specialized in emerging, sustainable and inclusive finance which offers market research, investment advisory and asset management services. It is an asset manager of collective investment schemes regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and has an advisory license from the FCA, the Financial Conduct Authority, through its subsidiary in the UK. The company is headquartered in Geneva, with offices in Cape Town, London, Zurich, Mexico City Singapore with a staff of over eighty professionals. Since 2004, Symbiotics has invested over USD 3,427 billion in more than 332 microfinance institutions in 61 emerging countries, working with 40 investment funds and many institutional investors.
Investment Associate – Latin America – Mexico City14.03.2017 - Financial Institutions
Business unit: Financial Institutions
Title: Investment Associate, Latin America
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Job reference: FINA – MX
We are looking for:
An Associate to assist the investment analysts of the region in the analysis and monitoring of credit risk and country risk for institutions located in the region. We offer a young and dynamic work environment in a growing industry and an opportunity to work in the social investment space with a for-profit company. The position is based in Mexico with reporting line to the Financial Institutions Manager.
- Assist in coordinating and managing of investee relationships with the Investment Analysts
- Support investment analysts in the production of country analysis reports
- Support the production of credit and social risk reports by investment analysts
- Assist the Investment Analysts in maintaining up to date the institutional account and KYC/AML process for institution
- Input audited financial statements and liability information report for all investees in the region
- Support the Investment Analysts in prospection of new investment targets including micro, leasing, SME financing in the allocated existing and prospective markets
We are looking for a dynamic person who is organized, mature, autonomous, and able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment. More specifically, we have the following requirements:
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in a finance related field
- Strong interest in impact investments
- Knowledge of the microfinance industry a strong asset
- Capacity to handle on-going multiple tasks on a daily basis
- Excellent sense of communication and organization
- Very good capacity to understand, adapt and dedicate to support clients’ needs,
- Fluent written and spoken Spanish and English; Good command in French and/or Portuguese is strongly valued
Please send us an email with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com specifying as email subject: FINA-MX.
Due to the large number of resumes we are receiving for the current job openings, if you do not meet all the criteria listed above, we unfortunately won’t be able to respond to your application. Thank you in advance for your understanding.