Symbiotics, incorporated in 2004 in Geneva, is an investment company specialized in emerging, sustainable and inclusive finance which offers market research, investment advisory and asset management services. It is an asset manager of collective investment schemes regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and has an advisory license from the FCA, the Financial Conduct Authority, through its subsidiary in the UK. The company is headquartered in Geneva, with offices in Cape Town, London, Zurich, Mexico City Singapore with a staff of over eighty professionals. Since 2004, Symbiotics has invested over USD 3,548 billion in more than 345 microfinance institutions in 63 emerging countries, working with 41 investment funds and many institutional investors.
Operations Analyst – Associate – Geneva9.05.2017 - Investment Operations
Business Unit: Investment Operations
Title: Operations Analyst
Job reference: OPS-SICS
Symbiotics is an investment company specialized in emerging, sustainable and inclusive finance which offers market research, investment advisory and asset management services. It is a regulated asset manager of collective investment schemes by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and has an advisory license from the FCA, the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK. The company is headquartered in Geneva, with offices in Zurich, London, Mexico City, Singapore and Cape Town. Since 2004, Symbiotics has invested over USD 3 billion in more than 300 microfinance institutions in 60 emerging countries, working with more than 28 investment funds and many institutional investors.
We are looking for
An Associate with a few years’ experience in banking back-office and a proven interest for emerging markets development and/or microfinance to assist the operational team in the origination and the servicing of the fixed income transactions. The position involves daily contacts with the investments analysts based in regional offices, with the portfolio managers/investments advisors, with the custodian banks and the microfinance institutions.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about impact finance and who will share our values and integrate well within the team. The position is full-time.
The position is based in our Head office in Geneva, with reporting line to the Operations Manager. We offer a dynamic work environment in a growing industry and an opportunity to work in the social investment space with a for-profit company.
- Managing the investment servicing process on all transactions, including timely payment of coupons/repayments of capital and hedging transactions
- Maintaining the relationship with custodian banks or the fund managers on the servicing/ coupon payment process
- Monitoring of the covenants breaches and late payments
- Assisting in performing calculating agency tasks linked to structure finance operations
- Assisting in the management of the administrative process of all investment proposals, including documentation clearing, currency hedging and preparation of the payment documentation
We are looking for a dynamic person who is well organized, autonomous, and able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment. More specifically, we have the following requirements:
- Strong financial and numerical skills
- Excellent sense of communication and organization
- Previous experience in a financial institution’s back office
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Fluent written and spoken English and French, good command in Spanish is strongly valued
- Strong interest in impact investments
- Valid Swiss work permit
Please send us an email with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com specifying as email subject: OPS-SICS
Due to the large number of resumes we are receiving for the current job openings, if you do not meet all the criteria listed above, we unfortunately will not be able to respond to your application. Thank you in advance for your understanding.