Symbiotics, incorporated in 2004 in Geneva, is an investment company specialized in emerging, sustainable and inclusive finance which offers market research, investment advisory and asset management services. It is an asset manager of collective investment schemes regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and has an advisory license from the FCA, the Financial Conduct Authority, through its subsidiary in the UK. The company is headquartered in Geneva, with offices in Cape Town, London, Zurich, Mexico City Singapore with a staff of over eighty professionals. Since 2004, Symbiotics has invested over USD 4,061 billion in more than 374 microfinance institutions in 64 emerging countries, working with 44 investment funds and many institutional investors.
Structuring Analyst – London20.04.2017 - Investment Operations
Business Unit: Investment Operations
Title: Structuring Analyst
Job Reference: STR-LN
We are looking for
Symbiotics has sponsored a bond issuance programme — in our niche market of frontier and emerging market investments with a social impact dimension — with currently about 70 transactions and USD 500m outstanding and >50% annual growth rate. We are looking for a Structuring Analyst, based in London, who will be responsible for supporting the ongoing aspects of such bond transactions; provide back-up on the documentation of new bond issues; as well as provide support in the administration of the various SPVs involved in the issuance process.
We offer a friendly work environment in a growing industry and an opportunity to work in the impact investment space with a for-profit corporation.
Overall Symbiotics employs over 100 staff. The London office is currently made up of 3 individuals, with a plan to grow in the future.
- Support in ongoing aspects of existing bond transactions
- Process amendment requests and update transaction documents as required / draft investor notifications
- Ongoing investor reporting (quarterly reporting)
- Maintaining Bloomberg pages
- Reporting through stock exchange
- Regulatory reporting
- Assistance in financial and legal structuring bond transactions:
- Liaise internally with transaction sponsors
- Drafting of term-sheets
- Drafting of legal documentation (prospectus / final terms / loan agreement / other transaction documents)
- Support in administration of special purpose vehicles:
- Drafting of board resolutions
- Liaising with service providers of vehicles
- Support in tax administration
- Investor settlement support
- Performing investor KYC
- Back-up in settlement process (FCA registration – CF30 optional)
The successful candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Highly motivated, well-organised with a strong work ethic and a high degree of integrity;
- Ability to work independently
- University degree in relevant field (law/finance), or strong experience in financial or legal / paralegal environment (including drafting of transaction documents)
- Strong interest and/or experience in financing transactions in emerging & developing markets
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Valid work permit for the UK
- Experience in drafting legal documents, ideally in context of capital market transactions;
- Understanding of fixed income capital markets
- Understanding of current regulatory requirements in the scope of the AIFMD/MiFID/FATCA
- Experience within the microfinance sector and/or emerging market space
Please send us an email with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com specifying as email subject: STR-LN.
Due to the large number of resumes we are receiving for the current job openings, if you do not meet all the criteria listed above, we unfortunately will not be able to respond to your application. Thank you in advance for your understanding.