Symbiotics, incorporated in 2004 in Geneva, is an investment company specialized in emerging, sustainable and inclusive finance which offers market research, investment advisory and asset management services. It is an asset manager of collective investment schemes regulated by FINMA, the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority and has an advisory license from the FCA, the Financial Conduct Authority, through its subsidiary in the UK. The company is headquartered in Geneva, with offices in Cape Town, London, Zurich, Mexico City Singapore with a staff of over eighty professionals. Since 2004, Symbiotics has invested over USD 4,147 billion in more than 377 microfinance institutions in 68 emerging countries, working with 44 investment funds and many institutional investors.
Web Software Developer – Geneva7.02.2017 - Information Technology
Business unit: Corporate Services – Information Technology
Title: Web Software Developer
Job reference: IT-WSD-Geneva
We are looking for
An experienced Web Software Developer who will report to the Head of Information Technology in the project management and support the office.
The position is based in our Head office in Geneva, with the reporting line to the Head of Information Technology. We offer a young and dynamic work environment in a growing industry and an opportunity to work in the social investment space with a for-profit company.
- Building web sites using C#/.NET/SQL and last standard HTML/CSS practices
- Work with the IT Team and internal clients in building Symbiotics unique IT Microfinance platform
- Dive in C# codebase to implement new features and ensures the IT solution is enjoyed by its users
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Support the employees’ IT requests
We are looking for a dynamic person who is sales oriented, autonomous, and able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment. More specifically, we have the following requirements:
- Excellent C#/Asp.Net MVC skills and experience with modern web frameworks such as jQuery, Angular, React, Vue…
- Solid MS SQL/Transact SQL experience
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant field; alternatively an equivalent education in one of these fields
- Proven track record of 5+ years’ experience in the role as Software Engineer/ Developer, including testing activities
- Know how of Object Oriented development (OO), Testing (Unit Testing, Automated Testing etc.)
- Know how of Agile practices and GIT/Mercurial would be a plus
- Experience in Finance field would be a plus
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative within a given frame
- Interpersonal skills, team spirit and good sense of human psychology
- Discretion, high respect of confidentiality and flexibility are key
- Fluent French mandatory, working English proficiency
- Valid Swiss work permit
Please send us an email with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com specifying as email subject: IT-WSD-GVA.
Due to the large number of resumes we are receiving for the current job openings, if you do not meet all the criteria listed above, we unfortunately will not be able to respond to your application. Thank you in advance for your understanding.